CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR CERTIFIED CEC DESIGNATION
A Construction Estimator Certified (CEC) professional may perform the following functions:
- Price and prepare formal tender submissions;
- Manage, administer and coordinate all types of construction projects;
- Conduct pre-bid negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers;
- Negotiate contracts with owners;
- Verify subcontractor and supplier payments;
- Price and negotiate change orders;
- Prepare construction progress schedules;
- Prepare monthly cost forecasts and progress claims as well as record final unit prices for database reference.
A Construction Estimator Certified professional has a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of construction and construction methods in order to price, administer, negotiate and analyze the various stages, methods and types of construction.
A Construction Estimator Certified professional may specialize in mechanical or electrical disciplines, but all CEC professionals must have a working knowledge of the practical aspects and design features of both fields.