CIQS Job Bank:
Intermediate & Senior Quantity Surveyors (MGF Project Services) Edmonton/Calgary, AB
Industry: Oil & Gas/Heavy Industry
Disciplines: Piping; Electrical & Instrumentation
Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of 6 years experience with strong estimating skills and on site experience.
Roles: Estimating; Site Progress Measurement; Contract Administration; Project Audits; Cost Control
Qualification: PQS or MRICS preferable
To apply for this position, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release Date: 2016-10-25
Intermediate MEP Estimator (MGAC) Washington DC and Los Angeles
We are seeking Intermediate Estimators to join our growing cost and risk consulting team in Washington DC and Los Angeles to assist on a number of large scale cultural, hospitality, education, commercial and critical environments projects throughout North America. These projects present a number of exciting opportunities for individuals looking to build their careers within an integrated project and cost management consultancy working on high profile and exciting projects. Services include establishing budgets, design stage cost planning and construction phase cost management.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years cost management / estimating experience on large-scale construction projects (public/private sector).
- Experience in a top tier cost consulting/construction management preferred.
- Bachelors or higher degree in a construction related discipline.
- Demonstrated client management, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to think strategically, plan and problem solve.
- Familiarity with BIM and electronic cost estimating.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Release Date: 2016-08-12
Senior Cost Estimator (Leland Saylor Associates) San Francisco, CA
For over 50 years, Leland Saylor Associates has been a recognized construction cost consulting and project management support company, providing construction market research data to the design and construction community. We're one of the largest cost consulting firms in the US, with five offices throughout the country.
Our world-class team is comprised of some of the most experienced professionals in the industry, specializing in civic, office, transit, infrastructure, healthcare and public school design and construction projects. We are proud to be the cost advisor on some of the largest, most technically complex projects in the nation. Leland Saylor Associates publishes escalation predictions, cost studies and market surveys for professional organizations and trade publications, and our database is renowned by the design and construction industry nationwide.
Recent projects include multibillion dollar transit, civil, energy, and building projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Cost Estimator to work on high profile, multi-million and billion-dollar infrastructure programs in our San Francisco office.
The Senior Cost Estimator will have a demonstrated ability to produce meticulous estimates at concept, schematic, DD and final phases, who has 10+ years related experience. Types of services will be primarily design phase estimating, peer review/validation, and on-site change order estimating.
Daily duties to include
- Construction phase change order estimating and negotiation;
- Value engineering;
- Managing projects to ensure profitability;
- Nurturing client relationships;
- Training and mentoring junior staff;
- Assist Regional lead in cost consulting department.
- 10+ years related experience in a variety of building projects (for example: medical, aviation, schools, etc.)
- B.S. in Engineering and/or Construction Management/Quantity Surveying
- Industry specific certification is a plus (RICS, AACE, Charter QS, CCE, CPE, etc.)
- Ability to manage budgets, schedules, and projects to ensure client satisfaction
- Ability to work effectively with engineers and owners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work onsite at our Los Angeles office, and travel to clients as needed
Our business is thriving and we offer unlimited opportunities for growth and career advancement. Additionally, we offer a competitive rate, flexibility, and a politics-free environment that recognizes and rewards hard work, with unlimited opportunities for professional development and advancement.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Leland Saylor Associates is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of merit.
Please email cover letter and CV and include your salary requirements in your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Release Date: 2016-08-31
Senior Cost Manager (Rider Levett Bucknall) Los Angeles
We are currently recruiting a Senior Cost Manager to join a client focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Senior Cost Manager is responsible for oversight of construction projects and keeping within expected budgets, schedules and adhering to the company’s quality standards and the client’s satisfaction. Employees in this position will interface with clients, consultants, designers, superintendents, and subcontractors to initiate any action required to achieve the project’s goals and ensure that all project activities are consistent with Company policy.
- Prepare estimates, cost options, cost strategies, change order reviews, valuations of work in progress and bid analyses.
- Acts as lead individual on bid and preconstruction estimates.
- Prepare preconstruction estimates for schematic and design development levels for project.
- Review construction plans and specifications to complete quantitative take-offs and support estimators.
- Communicate with subcontractor base with regard to project scope, schedule, risks, etc.
- Lead and support bid day tasks including the following: finalize project cost & alternates; verify subcontractors’ scopes & costs; analyze project risks; resolve conflicts and questions on bid scopes.
- Compiles and analyzes data on all factors that influence costs, such as material, labor, equipment, and profit margins.
- Performs complex cost estimates and analysis for capital and professional services projects.
- Evaluates cost estimating deliverables prepared by consultants for cost containment.
- Evaluates quotes, bids, change orders, value engineering reports, and claims for accuracy and completeness of stated costs.
- Acquires and evaluates pricing documents, historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations.
- Accurately forecasts costs of future projects and changes to existing projects.
- Prepares technical evaluations, cost estimating draft reports, memos, and letters and presents recommendations to management.
- Work as integral part of our Estimating Team to perform plan and specification analysis, takeoff and pricing of various construction projects.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors to define scope, and perform subcontractor and vendor analysis.
- Responsible for managing a complete estimate through final review and closeout.
- Participate in Value Engineering studies and negotiations with contractors.
- Attend client meetings.
- Undertake other cost-related tasks as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Cost Estimating or equivalent recognized technical qualification.
- Minimum Experience required: 5-10 years’ relevant experience in construction cost estimating of a variety of building types from program, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document stages of design in elemental and CSI format.
- Knowledge and understanding of execution of cost management services; good planning, organization and communication skills essential. Understanding of technical and non-technical documents related to cost management services required. Knowledge and use of industry-estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary. Overnight travel on occasion.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
Rider Levett Bucknall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Release Date: 2016-09-15
Senior Estimator (Metrolinx) Toronto, ON
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). As one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Metrolinx is a diverse and dynamic organization where employees embody our values: Playing as a Team, Serving with Passion, and Thinking Forward. Join us as we work together to transform the way the region moves.
Our Estimating team within the Program Management Controls Group is seeking multiple Senior Estimators to analyze probable costs and develop accurate and detailed estimates through all phases of the assigned capital projects, to assist with accurate planning, tendering, and contracting. This team is critical to helping Metrolinx deliver on all projects within the Rapid Transit (RT) and Regional Express Rail (RER) Infrastructure Programs on time and on budget.
- Build, develop and maintain strong business relationships to fully understand scope packages and provide accurate estimates
- Liaise with project team members, external agencies, and consultants to obtain information required in order to develop and prepare detailed, accurate cost estimates, incorporating construction drawings and specifications, for multiple construction disciplines (mechanical, structural, electrical, utilities, operations and maintenance)
- Prepare tender comparisons, post-bid analyses and other estimating information for the project team to identify anomalies against the project plan, and communicate related issues and opportunities
- Coordinate the preparation of and perform the full complement of estimating services from detailed quantity takeoff estimates to identifying inherent risks and opportunities
- Advise on tendering procedures, participate in the creation of proposals, and analyze tenders to make recommendations for award or potential negotiation opportunities prior to an award
- Classify estimates according to project work breakdown structure; prepare cost breakdown documents and detailed quantity surveys from specifications and drawings
- Work closely with project schedulers and cost analysts to integrate cost and work breakdown structures for the accurate inclusion or exclusion of scope into project planning, scheduling, and forecasting activities
- Monitor and ensure the inclusion of necessary elements to meet Metrolinx’s high standards for compliance with health and safety and other legislative requirements
- Lead the review of estimates throughout all project phases for assigned projects
- Ongoing preparation and maintenance of current cost data
- Completion of a degree in Engineering or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum eight years’ experience preparing estimates for large multi-million dollar construction projects, ideally for an owner/public sector agency involved in large-scale infrastructure/transit projects
- Strong experience developing, preparing and analyzing detailed estimates related to mechanical and utilities projects is required
- Experience developing, preparing and analyzing cost estimates related to Operations Maintenance would be an asset
- Related experience in preparing estimates for Alternative Finance and Procurement (AFP or P3) projects is an asset
- Experience with various procurement methods, both traditional and non-traditional (eg. AFP – Alternate Financing and Procurement)
- A Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) designation from CIQS or Membership of AACEi would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required to liaise with various internal and external stakeholders and provide pertinent information to project teams
- Experience using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to develop and analyze financial estimates and prepare related reports; experience with data management to prepare and maintain current cost data
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than September 5, 2016 via this link: https://metrolinx.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=PRO000I&lang=en
Please note that the location for this position will move to 20 Bay Street, Toronto in November, 2016.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Release Date: 2016-08-10