CIQS Job Bank:
Estimator (Beedie Development Group) Burnaby, BC
Responsible for analyzing and understanding drawings, specifications and other documentation to provide labour and material take-offs, obtain quotes from suppliers and provide detailed and accurate estimates.
- Provide accurate and dependable estimates as required (including calculations by hour, by unit or by element)
- Prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information
- Attend Development turnover meetings to review project plans and specifications to confirm the complete scope of work is understood
- Examine and interpret RFPs, plans, specs and other documentation to provide labour, material and equipment take-offs and costing required for complete estimates
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing
- Consult with construction operations with regard to general conditions, construction methodology and schedules during the estimating process
- Review constructability issues with operational staff
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
- Build effective relationships with subtrades, clients, consultants and internal Beedie groups
- Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented
- Monitor and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting costs
- Maintain a historical data base from prior estimates, purchase agreements and subcontracts for use on current estimates
- Collaborate with development and project management to ensure a thorough and complete tender process
- Develop and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Take part in Estimating turnover meetings with Construction
- Review cost information available on active construction projects to ensure up to date information is being used on current estimates
- Follow the progress of the projects and be available to provide clarifications to Construction
- Participate in the transfer of lessons learned meetings for all projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in quantity surveying/estimating or building technology
- 3-5 years’ experience working as an Estimator in light industrial buildings (tilt-up concrete)
- Advanced Excel and on screen computer takeoff
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Understand concrete formwork
- Understand the 16 and 48 Master Format divisions of construction work
- Ability to switch tasks quickly as priorities change, and work on several projects simultaneously
Apply for this Position:
Please submit your resume via email to email@example.com or apply online at: http://beediedevelopmentgroup.theresumator.com/apply/0jpgd9/Estimator
Release Date: 2016-12-22
Estimator [Heavy Civil/Earthworks] (Empire Communities) Vaughan, ON
The Estimator will report to the Senior Estimator. This role will play an integral part in preparing tender packages for major commercial, industrial and infrastructure projects. This will include accurate quantity take-offs, in-depth estimating, sub-trade solicitation, competitive bid comparisons and document control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing
- Accurate, timely and well-organized estimates
- Preparing the pre-qualification package
- Preparing the tender package
- Preparing RFP and RFQ packages
- Accurate, timely and well-organized estimates
- Organize subcontractor quotes
- Assist in monitoring the success of a project with the on-site supervisors
- Noting potential challenges
- Able to create and maintain effective relationships with clients, vendors, subcontracts, architects, designers, field superintendents, and internal staff
- Historical record of production rate from ongoing projects and collecting data from daily and weekly reports
- Attending to the site visit / tender meeting
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing work environment, Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Quantity Surveyor or Civil Engineering / Civil Engineering technologist
- PQS or CEC or GCS or EIT designation is a must
- 3 - 5 years construction estimating experience in heavy civil or earth work
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and MS Projects
- Construction software and implementation experience an asset
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Solid understanding and interpreting of drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Release Date: 2016-12-05
ICI (Buildings) Estimator Opportunity (Monteith Building Group) Edmonton, AB
In the course of your career a unique and special opportunity comes along when you might least expect it. This may be that rare opportunity you have been looking for.
Making a big career move should involve moving forward with new challenges, enjoying your work environment and participating in company ownership.
If you would like to know what we are talking about, visit our website and reach out to us. We have experienced substantial growth recently and are now recognized as one of the only Edmonton based GC’s who have the skill to deliver projects on time. Let us know why you think you are qualified and seriously motivated to join our team.
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, medical and company ownership
We want to hear from you!
Contact Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Release Date: 2017-01-12
Intermediate & Senior Quantity Surveyors (MGF Project Services) Edmonton/Calgary, AB
Industry: Oil & Gas/Heavy Industry
Disciplines: Piping; Electrical & Instrumentation
Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of 6 years experience with strong estimating skills and on site experience.
Roles: Estimating; Site Progress Measurement; Contract Administration; Project Audits; Cost Control
Qualification: PQS or MRICS preferable
To apply for this position, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Release Date: 2016-10-25
Junior Construction Cost Estimator [Mechanical] (Altus Group) Toronto, ON
Altus Group has an immediate opening for a Junior Construction Cost Estimator (Mechanical) within our Cost Consulting & Project Management business unit in Toronto, ON.
Provide mechanical technical support for a variety of cost consulting services to new and existing clients as directed by senior staff members.
- Produce quantity take-offs from project drawings
- Review mechanical change orders and prepare a report on any issues or variances
- from the expected cost
- Produce mechanical estimates complete with pricing, ready for review by senior staff
- Provide assistance to senior staff to deliver a full range of cost consulting services to
- new and existing clients
- Assist in completion of valuation of work in place
- Ability to prepare and review technical reports and summarize
Regular Working Hours:
- As per client and corporate requirements – flexibility required with significant time investment during periods of heavy demand
- Typical office environment with little exposure to disagreeable elements
- Periodic visits to construction sites/high rise developments with some exposure to weather elements
- Normal physical activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting and the use of basic motor skills
Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team & independently
- Good organizational skills, including with documentation
- Takes initiative and is resourceful
- Focused on delivering high levels of quality with respect to work and service to clients (internal and external)
- CIQS standard method of measurement – elemental/trade
- Provincial lien act
- Standard contract conditions – CCDC
Education/Professional Development/Work Experience Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in construction management or related discipline is a strong asset
- 1-2 years of related experience is an asset
- Basic understanding of the construction industry
- Working towards CIQS/RICS designation (CEC, PQS, MRICS)
Individuals interested in applying for this position are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Junior Construction Cost Estimator (Mechanical) within our Cost Consulting & Project Management business unit in Toronto, ON in the subject line.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Please note that due to volume of resumes, only those applicants selected for further evaluation will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Altus Group!
Altus Group Limited is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise, and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our clients include some of the world’s largest real estate industry participants across a variety of sectors. Altus Group pays a quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share and our securities are traded on the TSX under the symbols AIF and AIF.DB.A.
Release Date: 2016-11-28
Junior Estimator (North Carpet and Tile Co Ltd) Brampton, ON
Northwood Surfaces is a leader in the commercial flooring industry in Ontario. Northwood Surfaces has the perfect mix of dedicated team members (project managers, estimators, administrators) enabling us to take on any size project in Canada. Our project managers stay in touch with the most up to date materials and installation technology available in the flooring industry. Northwood Surfaces was established in 1999 and has become one of the most experienced leaders in the health care flooring industry in the province of Ontario.
Junior estimator for flooring and ceramic tile jobs.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release Date: 2017-01-20
Valuation Consultant (Suncorp Valuations) Multiple Locations
Valuation Consultant, Private Sector, Canada.
Competition: Use City Location Number in Document.
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Suncorp Valuations is a dynamic growth-oriented leader in the global valuation industry. Through offices in Canada and the U.S.A, we offer a full range of valuation, consulting and costing services for land, buildings, machinery and equipment, and for intangible assets such as patents, copyrights and franchises.
Utilizing robust research methodologies, valuation consultants develop reports that provide an opinion of value for assessed property and other assets. Clients utilize reports for a variety of requirements including regulatory compliance, financing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, insurance placement and claims settlement. Risk Management Services assist clients by identifying and mitigating risks such as the potential for accidents, property damage and theft. For further details please refer to our website at www.suncorpvaluations.com. Suncorp provides employee benefits, transit allowance, along with a bonus and RRSP program.
To support expansion efforts we are seeking Valuation Consultants to join our team. The focus of the work is on the development of appraisal reports for private sector clients. This involves establishing the cost for the reconstruction of existing buildings, for insurance placement. Through site inspections, research, expert analysis and collaboration, the Valuation Consultant develops a solid and defendable rationale for the final value assigned to a property. Note that a large component of this role is the costing process.
The Ideal Candidate.
Along with the required credentials, you enjoy working with a group of professionals and excel at research and analysis. Although you are able to work independently, you enjoy leveraging the knowledge of coworkers to complete accurate assignments. You enjoy working in a small office, while collaborating with stakeholders in other offices. You easily manage multiple projects and are naturally focussed on providing internal stakeholders and external clients with high quality service. On a personal note you are interested in developing your career through on-going professional development and enjoy a role that provides a combination of office work and site visits.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Finance or a related field.
- Appraisal or construction experience, an understanding of building design and infrastructure are definite assets.
- Appraiser designation or membership in an appraisal institute is preferred --or
- Willingness to obtain an ASA or AACI designation is required.
- Willingness to travel to client sites, including extended stays and international travel.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving abstract and access to safe, reliable transportation.
- Bondable and provision of a criminal background check are required.
- Valid passport or ability to attain a passport.
- A genuine focus on client service.
- Proactive, with a desire to drive results and exceed goals.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work with complex spreadsheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with acute attention to detail.
- Expert project planning skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Able to collaborate, share knowledge and leverage expertise as needed.
- Self-directed with the desire and ability to work independently.
The Application Process.
Please send an email to address below providing the following information:
- Salary expectations.
- Where you saw this posting.
In the Subject Line place the competition number, followed by your first and last name.
- Without this subject line your application can not be processed.
- Toronto: VC-ON-16-29
- Toronto: VC-ON-16-25 Senior Appraiser (Over 6 years experience)
- Vancouver: VC-BC-16-28
- Edmonton: VC-AB-16-27
- Saskatoon: VC-SK -16-26
Subject: VC-XX-16-XX First Name Last Name
Deadline: December 9, 2016
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that we do not accept phone or email inquiries in regards to open positions.
Release Date: 2016-11-07