CIQS Job Bank:
Conseiller(ère) en analyse de coûts – Estimation et surveillance de prêt (Groupe Altus) Montréal ou Québec
Les gens chez Altus sont des gens qui voient grand, qui veulent aller plus loin et en faire plus. Ils ne voient pas de frontières, ils voient l'occasion. Ils regardent au-delà de la description du poste afin d'innover et d'explorer. Ils cherchent à en savoir plus et à trouver de nouvelles réponses. Ils obtiennent des résultats pour nos clients et notre entreprise et ils sont reconnus et récompensés pour leur valeur. Il n'y a qu'un seul Altus et il n'y a qu'un seul vous. Voici votre chance d'être remarquable.
Titre du poste: Conseiller(ère) en analyse de coûts – Estimation et surveillance de prêt
Numéro de référence: C-001 Conseiller(ère) en analyse de coûts
Division: Consultation en analyse de coûts et gestion de projets
Localisation: Montréal ou Québec
Les professionnels de la consultation en analyse de coûts et de la gestion de projets du Groupe Altus recherchent un(e) conseiller(ère) ayant trois ans d'expérience ou plus en estimation et/ou contrôle de coûts de projets de construction pour les aider dans une grande variété de tâches.
Date de disponibilité: Immédiatement
- Fournir une variété de services en analyse et estimation de coûts :
- réalisation de métrés;
- préparation d'estimation de coûts selon l'avancement des plans;
- surveillance de prêts de construction.
- Préparer et rédiger des rapports en français et en anglais;
- Effectuer des visites de chantiers;
- Analyser l'avancement des travaux.
Heures régulières de travail:
- Les employés professionnels doivent travailler quarante (40) heures par semaine pour satisfaire leurs responsabilités à l'interne et les besoins des clients. La flexibilité est requise avec beaucoup d'investissement en temps durant les périodes de forte demande.
Compétences techniques et relations interpersonnelles:
- Une personne qui est motivée et passionnée par la construction, organisée et respectueuse des délais à rencontrer. Le candidat devra aider le personnel senior à la préparation des rapports de suivi de coûts, à des estimations et autres tâches nécessaires;
- Bonne connaissance des méthodes d'estimation les plus utilisées (Masterformat, Uniformat et ICÉC);
- Compréhension générale des méthodes et matériaux de construction et des pratiques standards;
- Être en mesure d'analyser les échéanciers et les plans et devis à toutes les étapes d'un projet;
- Connaissances informatiques notamment avec les logiciels suivants : Excel, Word, MS Project, Timberline, On-Screen Take-off et SharePoint;
- Capacité de travailler en équipe et de manière indépendante;
- Prendre des initiatives et faire preuve d'ingéniosité;
- Bonnes aptitudes à la communication en anglais et français;
- Aptitude à travailler de façon multitâche et à respecter des échéanciers serrés;
- Grand sens de l'initiative, sens de l'intégrité, de l'honnêteté et de l'éthique de haut caliber;
- S'efforce de livrer un travail et des services de très grande qualité aux clients (internes et externes);
- Projeter une image professionnelle;
- Habiletés prouvées dans la gestion, la planification et l'organisation de projets.
Exigences en matière d'éducation, de perfectionnement professionnel et d'expérience de travail:
- Trois ans d'expérience ou plus en estimation et/ou contrôle de coûts de projets de construction;
- Membre RICS, ICÉC, LEED ou en cours d'obtention;
- DEC en estimation, Certificat en économie de la construction, Certificat gestion de construction ou l'équivalent;
- Détenteur(trice) de la carte ASP construction et d'un permis de conduire – le/la candidat(e) sera appelé(e) à effectuer des visites de chantier et devra être en mesure d'évaluer l'avancement des travaux effectués.
Intéressé? Vous connaissez quelqu'un?
Les personnes enthousiastes et intéressées à postuler sont invitées à soumettre leur candidature et une lettre de présentation à firstname.lastname@example.org en citant le numéro de référence : C-001 Conseiller(ère) en analyse des coûts.
Date de publication: 2017-05-12
Estimator (ITC Management Inc) Vancouver BC
ITC Construction Group is one of Western Canada’s leading general contractors with offices in BC and Alberta and specializes in the areas of residential high-rise development, commercial and institutional construction.
We are currently recruiting an Estimator for our Vancouver Head Office. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within a team, have strong communication skills and attention to detail. If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, send your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Construction experience is required. However, preference will be given to those individuals who have completed a Degree or Diploma in Building Tech, Applied Science or Civil/Structural Engineering.
Job Summary: (full job description will be provided during interview)
- Complete the head sheet.
- Perform quantity takeoffs.
- Review trade comparison sheets.
- Assist in drawing distribution.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of tender invitations.
- Assist in the compilation of the estimate.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the Timberline Estimating Software and ITC database.
- Assist in the value engineering process.
- Assemble all historic cost reports.
- Performing the tasks required to complete the estimates/budgets. Types of budgets include:
- Preliminary Concept Budget based on concept design sketches.
- Review and adjust Trade Scopes accordingly and include in the tender documents.
- Update the Timberline Database from historic cost reports.
- Maintain and assist in the further development of Assemblies and Conceptual Estimate Models.
- Establish historic cost reports for each completed project from the final job cost report.
- Assist in the development and implementation of unit cost analysis reports and for comparing overall unit costs and trade unit costs for completed projects.
- Other Estimating duties as required.
Release Date: 2017-03-15
Lead Estimator (Canadian Nuclear Laboratories) Chalk River, ON
The mandate of Estimator in Project Controls is to oversee and prepare Life Cycle Cost Estimates.
The Estimator the following essential responsibilities:
- Prepares cost estimates for all project phases (e.g. feasibility, preliminary and detailed design)
- Prepare cost estimates in support of major change order assessment
- Prepares cost breakdown documents and detailed quantity surveys from analysis of drawings and specifications
- Prepares basis of estimate documentation
- Analyzes/reports on cost breakdowns and price schedules submitted by contractors
- Prepares cost variance reports and explanations, tender comparisons, post bid analysis, cost reduction strategies and opportunities
- Prepares and maintains comprehensive and current construction cost data based on historical costs, market research and indices
- Maintain Timberline and RSMeans database
- Oversee daily efforts of 2-3 contingent/contract Estimators
- Provides construction cost information to the project teams for inclusion into budgets, schedules and cash flows
- Interacts with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Designers, Contract Administrators and Construction Staff, external agencies, consultants and suppliers to obtain facts and cost information pertinent to the performance of the estimating work
- Makes presentations to project teams on estimating procedures, tools and techniques
- Maintains files and records of work; and performs other related duties as assign
- Post-secondary graduation from college/university, preferably related to construction, mechanical, electrical or civil engineering disciplines or a certified trade with 5-7 years field and/or construction experience.
- Strong working knowledge of construction, mechanical, electrical or civil structural background gained from 5 to 7 years relevant estimating or cost experience preferably in the nuclear/non nuclear power, petrochemical or mining industries. Knowledge and experience in projects related to decommissioning, facility construction/deconstruction and environmental restoration would be advantageous
- Experience in Timberline and RSMeans database
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings and contract documents
- Good knowledge of construction practices and mechanical, electrical, architectural or structural design
- A good understanding of the estimate requirements for each class of estimate
- Excellent communication, (oral and written) skills
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Computer literate with good knowledge and understanding of computer based project management and/or estimating software such as Primavera P6 or Timberline, electronic spreadsheets, cost database management and other related computer applications.
- Good judgment and initiative in collecting, integrating and analyzing information
- Ability to think strategically and understand project scope
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Enrolled in a professional certification or accreditation program with the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, American Association of Cost Engineers or American Society of Professional Estimators is preferred.
Release Date: 2017-03-16
Pre-Construction Cost Estimator - Entry Level (Vermeulens) Richmond Hill, ON
Vermeulens is a North American leader in construction cost economics with 40 years in the industry. We specialize in pre-construction cost control in the institutional sectors of health-care, higher education, science and technology, and cultural facilities. With over 150 projects per year spanning the United States and Canada, Vermeulens estimates over $10 billion in construction volume.
Due to rapid growth, we are seeking a dynamic individual to complement our team. This is a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Pre-Construction Cost Estimator – Entry Level
As a Cost Estimator, you will assume an active role in estimating projects from concept design to contract documents. Your educational background, exceptional computer skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills will allow you to contribute to the estimation of each project through to a successful consensus-driven reconciliation with the client and all stakeholders.
We are seeking an entry-level candidate in the Toronto area that can demonstrate outstanding communication and project management skills. Your numerical personality will make you a perfect fit. You will work closely with our highly specialized estimating and project management teams in our head office and satellite offices.
- Preparation of detailed quantity surveys
- Analyzing data and preparation of reports
- Providing accurate surveys and reports
- Reviewing and comparing estimates
- Understanding ratios and cost drivers
- Communicating estimate and variances to Project Manager for reconciliation with client
- Participating in reconciliation meetings with construction managers
- Monitoring project costs, performing cost analysis, and preparing project reports
- Reviewing bids for Project Manager
- Participating in value engineering
- Analysis of design documentation
- Building office relationships, mentoring, showing leadership and collaboration
- Integrating with estimate production team and process
- Mastering cost estimation and scheduling software
- Understanding and integrating within the Vermeulens culture
- Completion of a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, PQS, Engineering Technology, Construction Estimating, or related degree or diploma
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in you numerical and analytical abilities
- Work experience that demonstrates project management skills
- Highly organized, utilizing well-developed time management techniques
- Self-motivated to maintain a sharp learning curve
- Skilled in delegation and proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Ability to lead meetings and eventually travel throughout North America
- Outstanding computer and technical skills; including knowledge of Excel, Access etc.
This progressive opportunity offers competitive compensation and bonus as well as health benefits coverage and more!
Join an organization that offers a collaborative working environment and the support of an extremely well organized, motivated, and successful firm.
Vermeulens goes above and beyond to maintain its outstanding reputation in their field of expertise. Truly, Service Beyond Estimation®.
Apply for this Position:
Please apply to our website www.vermeulens.com
Release Date: 2017-05-17
Quantity Surveyor (City of Vancouver) Vancouver, BC
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Requisition ID: 2103
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Quantity Surveyor will prepare cost estimates for various civic buildings and facilities from conceptual to implementation phase; assesses the status of projects with respect to approved budgets; provides cost control input at major project milestones; prepares final cost analyses on minor and major building projects; and reviews pro-forma costs for rezonings. The incumbent works closely with planners, real estate negotiators, facility planners, project managers and project coordinators. This position exercises considerable independent judgement, initiative and action within City and departmental guidelines and policies, under the direction of the Associate Director Facility Planning.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships:
This position reports directly to the Associate Director Facilities Planning, and works closely with Real Estate Services.
- The incumbent prepares preliminary and/or final cost estimates for repair improvement and alteration work on a wide variety of civic buildings and new facilities
- Provides unit costs to assist departmental staff in the preparation of capital cost estimates
- Prepares cost estimates of capital works for operation supplementary and capital budgets for City departments
- Works closely with property and development staff in Real Estate Services department, Facilities Planning department and planning staff in Service departments such as Community Services
- Provides review of complex re-zoning development pro-forma costs and making recommendations regarding costs on development applications.
- Represents the City in investigating, quantifying and making recommendations on costs that enable Real Estate Services department to determine potential increases in land value, community amenity contribution and density incentives through various form of development proposals
- Advises and liaises with city staff on social/cultural/housing policies and zoning/building by-laws cost implications to development applications
- Provides cost control input during the design stage by identifying, evaluating and recommending alternative designs and construction methods within established budgetary limits • Prepares detailed final cost analyses on minor and major building projects
- Identifies and explains variances between actual and estimated costs, and other problem areas
- Compiles and maintains comprehensive up-to-date records of unit costs on work
- Updates job costs by comparing actual and estimated costs
- Identifies cost and problem areas
- Prepares and maintains manual and computerized periodic project records and reports
- Answers enquiries and provides costing and/or estimating assistance and information to other departments and consultants
- Provides assessments of cost implication premiums for various levels of construction LEED certified projects, Passive House and other
- Provides life-cycle cost analysis, also with regard to the inclusion of various GREEN Building Technologies
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an Institute of Technology supplemented by advanced technical courses in Building Construction, Project Management and Estimating, plus considerable related experience and experience in the use of cost estimating computer applications or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certification or eligibility for Quantity Surveyors of British Columbia membership.
- Experience in the use of computer programs for estimating and cost control.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices and techniques used in estimating costs
- Considerable knowledge of construction, repair methods, techniques and logistics applicable to City facilities and knowledgeable of relevant civic facilities design guidelines, zoning and building bylaws.
- Ability to perform development proforma costs analysis.
- Working knowledge of accounting, computerized data processing and statistical methods and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and maintain unit cost records and to prepare detailed cost estimates for minor and major building projects.
- Ability to perform design and construction cost contract tasks and to analyze cost variances.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, plans and specifications and to prepare estimates from conceptual designs and sketches.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining a variety of reports, records and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors and other employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A valid B.C. driver's License for the Province of British Columbia is required. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally ad safely carry out job responsibilities.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time, Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: April 2017
Position End Date: April 2019
Number of Positions: 2 (1 Regular Full Time, 1 Temporary Full Time)
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-30: $44.93 to $53.20 per hour
Application Close: March 19, 2017
Please apply on-line at: https://jobs.vancouver.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Release Date: 2017-03-10
Senior Cost Manager – P3 (Rider Levett Bucknall) Oakville, ON
|Title:||Senior Cost Manager – P3|
|Job Category:||Construction – Cost Management|
|Reporting to:||Office Director|
|To Apply:||Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! With 24 offices in North America and the Caribbean in addition to over a hundred global offices and over 3,500 staff worldwide, RLB has a truly global reach while still offering a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
RLB is an award-winning international firm, known for providing property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the construction cycle. Utilizing its many years of experience and professionally trained employees, RLB continues to firmly establish itself as one of the major players in the construction industry throughout the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania. Our employees are involved in a variety of projects across a range of sectors, from sports arenas and healthcare to higher education and convention centers.
As a privately held company, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide extensive opportunities for professional growth while working on exciting projects while providing an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Senior Cost Manager with experience in P3 projects in the role of Lenders Technical Advisor, or as Independent Certifier to join a client focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-quality individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Senior Cost Manager will take a leadership role on future P3 assignments, and will be expected to assist in securing additional P3 projects across Canada. The candidate must be capable of being a client contact, and managing our internal team assembled for the assignments.
The Senior Cost Manager is to participate in all independent construction cost control functions for review of the construction projects change orders including complete estimates, value analysis, schedule of values, comparisons, assisting with feasibility studies, and historical cost reports. This individual is capable of performing cost control functions on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously.
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans, and cost strategies.
- Reviews drawings and specifications to determine scope and quantities to calculate pricing.
- Communicates, solicits and interacts with sub-contractors in various trades to obtain pricing for projects.
- Determines quantities of materials in various trades by using estimating department software.
- Change order reviews and valuations of work in progress and bid analyses.
- Preparation of studies and plans on value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainable practices.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and site visits to assess the conditions of the site or existing building, as necessary.
- Develop project understanding to calculate budgets from schematic through final construction documents as assigned.
- Communicates with team members, bid captains, estimating manager and others as required, convening scopes, pricing, construction details, etc.
- Develops strategies to pursue, estimate and win competitive bids.
- Be fully versed in a variety of P3/AFP contract types, including DBF, DBFM, DBFO etc.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or related field is required
- Recent experience in an Intermediate or Senior level involvement in the role of Technical Advisor or Independent Certifier for 5 different P3 / AFP projects
- Recent experience with P3 Lenders, Provincial Infrastructure Clients and Consortiums (ProjectCo)
- Experience with conceptual and detailed measurement / pricing
- Experience with estimating software systems, onscreen takeoff software and BIM
- Professional certifications preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
Release Date: 2017-04-07
Senior Estimator (Leland Saylor) California, USA
We are looking for outstanding mid to senior level estimators/quantity surveyors with demonstrated ability to produce meticulous estimates at concept, schematic, DD and final phases. Additional duties include:
- Construction phase change order estimating and negotiation
- Value engineering
- Managing projects to ensure profitability
- Nurturing client relationships
- Training and mentoring junior staff
Leland Saylor Associates, a nationally recognized construction cost consulting firm, has immediate openings for mid and senior level estimators to work on a variety of high profile, commercial and institutional projects throughout California. Recent projects include the San Francisco Airport Terminal 3, Sacramento Airport, San Francisco General Hospital, California High Speed Rail, the Bay Bridge, and other high profile, complex public projects. Other types of projects include schools, university and research facilities, hospitals, fire stations, police facilities, parking garages, museums, courthouses, office buildings, and civil and transit projects such as highways, bridges, airports and light rail. Types of services provided include design phase estimating, value engineering, GMP negotiation, on-site change order estimating, scheduling, document control, and/or claims analysis.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Estimator with demonstrated ability to produce meticulous estimates at Concept, Schematic, Design Development, and Construction Documents, and a minimum of 15 plus years related experience in large institutional projects including civil, airports, rail, water, healthcare, school, higher education, correctional, justice, large office, etc.), as well as:
- A B.S. in Engineering and/or Construction Management
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with Principals, Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers and Owners
- The ability to manage budgets, schedules, and projects to ensure client satisfaction
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with unlimited opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Apply for this Position:
Please email cover letter and CV and include your desired compensation in your cover letter.
Please submit your resume via email to email@example.com
Release Date: 2017-03-21
Site Quantity Surveyor (Andritz Hydro Canada Inc.) Pointe-Claire, QC
The Quantity Surveyor will be part of Andritz site project team, responsible to ensure that progress and cost & hours allocations are correctly reported to the appropriate people as well as in respect of the approval matrix. Mandate includes having responsibility for defining data collection procedures, as well as surveying, measuring, and quantifying project progress. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible to perform trend analysis, prepare forecasts, and signal the need for corrective and preventative action. The role requires working on site and being on a rotational basis.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Monitors, tracks, and evaluates cost and earned value performance;
- Measures progress achieved by the project team and subcontractors using meaningful and accurate data;
- Performs trend analysis, identifies variances and deviation, then works with the project site team to implement corrective action;
- Assembles and compiles cost data and prepares survey reports;
- Collects measurement information including cost and financial progress for assigned projects;
- Measures subcontractor progress achieved on site to validate subcontractor progress claims;
- Ensures contract adherence to financial terms and conditions;
- Ensures the accurate reporting of earned value (EV) methodologies including but not limited to Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI) on assigned projects;
- Develops quantity measurement plans, - measurement method, timing, and frequency - which will be followed in collaboration with the site team, to measure project progress.
- Coordinates field inspections and liaises with site leads, field supervisors, and subcontractors;
- Ensures survey note books, sketches, reports and complete and up to date;
- Provides cost back-up and documentation to support the preparation of claims and back charges.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years working experience on large construction sites;
- Proven leadership ability within a team context;
- Ability to read drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes;
- Understanding of building rules and regulations, as well as health and safety matters, and contract law, so that understanding commercial and contractual implications of any decisions;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, methodical and logical approach to achieve good quantity surveyors;
- Effective communication skills (oral & written) in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to multitask and shift between many different projects and initiatives with tight deadlines;
- Professionalism and tact in representing the company to our internal and external customers;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office;
- Ability to travel & work on site for extended periods.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send your resume and cover letter to RHR.HYDRO@andritz.com or use the link below to apply. Thank you!
Release Date: 2017-05-17