PAQS 2017 - Call for volunteers
PAQS 2017 — Call for volunteers
The 21st annual PAQS Congress will be held in beautiful Vancouver, Canada on July 21-25, 2017. This will be a unique opportunity for members and friends from across the world to share experiences and exchange ideas on this year’s theme of Green Developments.
Be part of this special occasion by volunteering on our planning committee! We are actively seeking volunteers for the Speaker Committee, Sponsorship Committee, and Abstract & Paper Committee. Your participation will help us to create an unforgettable and valuable event that will showcase Canada’s quantity surveyor community. Volunteering will count towards your CPD requirements (1 hour of participation equals 1 CPD point).
Information and a general outline of the PAQS 2017 Congress can be found here: www.paqs2017.com
The PAQS 2017 Planning Committee is working with a conference organizer who will facilitate the tasks along with each committee. The organizers will take care of the final contracting and benefit fulfillment for sponsors, as well as the final arrangements with speakers. The committees will work closely with the organizer to facilitate hand overs and make introductions.
An outline of the tasks involved for each committee is provided below, as well as an estimate of the time commitment you will need to make to be a part of this exciting Congress!
- Suggest and source potential speakers based on the congress themes and target audience
- Be the first point of contact for potential speakers (sending invitation emails, making phone calls, and following up)
- Liaising with the conference organizing company to report on progress and pass on speaker details
- Attend periodic speaker committee meetings to brainstorm topics and speakers for the congress program
Time Commitment: 5 – 10 hours per month (2-3 months)
- Become familiar with the PAQS 2017 Congress history and sponsorship prospectus to accurately promote the Congress
- Suggest, contact, and follow up with key sponsorship prospects
- Attend periodic sponsorship committee meetings to update on progress and brainstorm new targets
- Be the first point of contact for potential sponsors and routinely follow up with them
- Liaising with the conference organizing company to report on progress and pass on confirmed sponsor details
Time Commitment: 10 – 15 hours per month (2-5 months)
Abstract & Paper Committee:
- Contribute to the selection of submission topics for the 2017 Congress
- Encourage and promote abstract submission for the congress
- Review and rate a selection of abstracts after the submission date has passed
- Attend periodic abstract committee meetings to discuss the paper presentations
- Liaise with the Conference Organizing Company to submit your paper reviews, ratings, and evaluations
Time Commitment: 2 – 20 hours per month (1-2 months. Hours will be heavily weighed during the review process, but much less during the planning process)
I'm interested... What's next?Interested volunteers are asked to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to express interest July 7, 2016