CIQS Education Committee – Call for Expression of Interest
The primary role of the Education Committee is to organize, implement and facilitate educational policies that will provide prospective members with the opportunity to achieve the level of knowledge and skill necessary to obtain a CIQS professional designation.
The Education Committee is advisory only, and reports to the Board. Its responsibilities include:
- review, update and management of the Education Policy Guidance Notes;
- management of reciprocity agreements;
- ongoing review of the current syllabus and recommendation of revisions to the Board as applicable, including development of a new heavy civil syllabus;
- liaison with associated colleges and universities to ensure their levels of education reflect CIQS needs;
- maintenance and upkeep of CIQS education and membership standards;
- accreditation of current and new college/university programs nationally; and
- review of member issues regarding TPE requirements to obtain designation and provision of recommendations for resolution.
Composition of the Education Committee:
Members of the Education Committee shall be appointed by the Board. The Education Committee shall be composed of at least three (3) individuals, at least one of whom shall be a director of the Corporation (Education Director).
- Committee member must be a PQS member in good standing
- Experience with professional designation education policies and programs
- Effective communicator
- Highly developed organizational skills
Individual candidates are requested to provide the following information to Sheila Lennon, Executive Director, CIQS at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Resume outlining related experience and qualifications